Kickstart your summer adventure!
Taylors Falls, MN, St. Croix Falls, WI and surrounding areas.
It's always a good time to plan for summer vacation, so we thought we would put together a list of 50 things to do in the St. Croix Valley in the summer! Some are more obvious. Some might take a little work to figure out. Are you up for the challenge?
1) Hike Curtain Falls.
2) Take a hairy adventure on the Woolly Mountain Bike Trails.
3) Kayak "The Falls".
4) Don't "overlook" the LIVE music in downtown St. Croix Falls or out at Franconia Sculpture park.
5) Cruise down the mountain on an Alpine Slide.
6) Eat s'mores by the campfire.
7) Road bike the "S" curves on Rustic Road.
8) Shop for locally made art and pottery.
9) Take time for a massage.
10) Put your feet up with a pedicure.
11) Soften your hands after camping with a manicure.
12) Catch a really big fish.
13) Locate the River Spirit Sculpture.
14) Freefall at Wild Mountain.
15) Rock climb on volcanic basalt.
16) Harness your adventure at the Aerial Challenge Park.
17) Enjoy a long quiet weekend retreat of scrapbooking, quilting, or crafting by yourself or with a group!
18) Discover a favorite sculpture at Franconia Sculpture Park.
19) Enjoy a wine tasting at our local wineries.
20) Make a splash at our saterpark.
21) Drive a go-kart.
22) Horseback ride at Wild River State Park.
23) Find the Old Man of the Dalles.
24) Rest up for your next adventure at one of our fine overnight establishments.
25) Take a historic paddle boat tour on the Taylors Falls Princess.
26) See a live play or performance inside our very own theatre.
27) Grab a picnic lunch to-go at Juneberry Cafe in Taylors Falls.
28) Visit the start point of the 1,200 mile Ice Age Trail.
29) Hit a hole-in-one at one of our local golf courses.
30) Hit a golf ball through a wannigan and stop for a Frostop rootbeer.
31) Ride the rails and discover our train history.
32) Pet a deer. And a pig, bunny, and goat. Do not pet the mountain lion. #fawndoerosa
33) Check out some hot laps at the St. Croix Valley Raceway.
34) Pick your own strawberries and make a great pie.
35) Check out our kink rail.
36) Swim in a lake.
37) Take a ton of beautiful pictures and share them all on Facebook and Instagram. #thestcroixvalley
38) Find a cactus in Interstate Park.
39) Find an eddie.
40) Pick your favorite pothole.
41) Zip line through the valley.
42) Look for trumpeter swans near the St. Croix River.
43) Learn to spot a turkey vulture. Learn to spot an Eagle. Learn the difference.
44) Be BRAVE and go to a semi-pro baseball game.
45) Life is great when you take a rest on the big yellow chair.
46) Try a FAT bike on a SINGLE track.
47) Paddle down the "Wild River" in a canoe.
48) Stay sweet with some ice cream from Valley Sweets or Schoony's.
49) Explore the "City of Trails".
50) Find the "trout tracks" by the fish hatchery and discover a little known way down to the river.
This article was written by Linda Shober and produced by Linda Shober Marketing + Design, LLC – a marketing firm located in the St. Croix Valley specializing in providing content, strategy, management, design, and creative for digital and traditional marketing projects.
Photo credit © Anne Sinclear-Prokop